March 29, 2016

Northcott's Chip Pack Challenge


Once I got started, it was hard to stop.


I keep making sets of blocks and figuring out where they'd go.
I was pretty happy with what was going on but still needed more blocks.


Now, to figure out what to so with the middle part.



I took some scraps from the previous blocks and got creative.


Then I sewed the "moon" in place.


Now, it was time for the rocket ship.


I used Bob's old handcuffs to make the circles, I couldn't find a protractor.


This is the quilt top all put together and below are the scraps of Pansy that were left, not much.



Two shots of the finished quilt.  (The quilting is hard to see.)  This 30" x 30" quilt took me a total of 10 days, start to finish.  I submitted it to Northcott, today.


Instead of binding the quilt, I faced it.  That was a first for me.
I'd spotted several quilts at Quiltcon with facing and thought I'd try it.

May your bobbins always be full,

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy replying to all comments that have an email address attached. If you are not on Blogger please include an email address within your comment--then I can say hi back!

Happy Quilting!


UP