August 30, 2015

Autumn Maple Leaves Quilt ~ Changes and Progress

I have to say I've been very lucky taking orders for custom quilts. Out of six custom quilts, only one was a stinker.  Diane, the adventurer who ordered this quilt is a gem.  After an email, in which she mentioned "bright" a couple of times I decided to change up the fabric choices for her quilt, and she's happy with the changes.

I also showed her the differences between the different whites.  For Aunt Lorraine's quilt, I used Kona PFD bleached white, but for Diane's quilt we're using Kona White.  It will be a great choice.  

All of the background pieces cut, and now I'm working on cutting the prints for the leaves and seed pods,  So far I have 9 of 20 batches cut.  For the original quilt, I did two leaves at a time, but I think doing all the cutting first is the way to go, this time.

Wish me luck!
May your bobbins always be full,

1 comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy replying to all comments that have an email address attached. If you are not on Blogger please include an email address within your comment--then I can say hi back!

Happy Quilting!