October 10, 2013

Making progress

I've slowly but surely been making progress on the Dolce quilt top I'm working on.  First, I cut the FQs into two sets of rectangles, 24 - 4.5" x 14.5" and 48 - 4.5" x 7.5".  Then I cut my accent fabric.

My next step was attaching an accent piece to one side of each piece, top and bottom of the longer pieces.  After pressing the seam to the print side, I attached an accent piece to the opposing side.  Repeat the pressing, and I have this:

Tomorrow, I'll stitch two smaller pieces together, accent edge in the middle, then join that piece with a larger piece.  That will be my basic block.  I have my work cut out for myself.

In other news, I've been contacted by two different women, who both live in Florida; each of them wants me to make her a custom quilt.  Amy wants a queen size modified Plus Quilt and Betty wants a king size Autumn Maple Leaf Quilt, in reds and white.  I'm just waiting for the deposit(s), before I order fabric!
May your bobbins always be full,

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy replying to all comments that have an email address attached. If you are not on Blogger please include an email address within your comment--then I can say hi back!

Happy Quilting!