February 21, 2013

Long time, no sew

I'm still not sewing, today.  I was gonna, but this happened.

  • I'm on about Plan D for my Autumn Leaf Quilt layout.
  • During the 11 days I haven't sewn, I've changed my mind about four times about how I wanted to have the finished quilt look.  During those 11 days I was busy with other things and had time to let my mind wander about, and make and cast off plans.
  • Plan D went like this:
First I needed room.  I backed both cars out of the garage and swept the floor.



Then I laid a queen-size top sheet.  I really wish I had a great big design wall!


I laid out my leaf blocks and seed-pod blocks.


Added setting triangles, and had Bob come and look at the lay-out.  Bob has a great artist's eye and 90% of the time I welcome his input.  Today was one of those days, I won't tell about the other 10%.

Then I got down on my hands and knees and pinned the rows together.  Now, I'm gonna do something else, like read or take a nap.  Perhaps at 68 2/3 years old I'm entitled to the afternoon off; after spending an hour on the garage floor with my butt in the air pinning blocks together.   I teach Tai Chi this afternoon, and a rest will be good beforehand.

I'll sew tomorrow.

May your bobbins always be full,

8 comments

  1. G'day Jan. It look just gorgeous. Oh, I do pity your poor knees and back. A few years ago, I pinned a double bed size quilt on my kitchen floor and boy, did I suffer. Good on you. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combination. Its going to be beautiful when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's worth the effort - it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. If you can still work on the floor then I wouldn't worry about the age thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout looks great... I get the impression that the leaves are falling and scattering. Your colour choices are beautiful too! I hope that I will be doing the same when I am as young as you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fabric choices for the leaves are wonderful and the arrangement is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one gorgeous piecing!! Can't wait to see it quilted (I bet you can't either!!). Hugs, Doreen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy replying to all comments that have an email address attached. If you are not on Blogger please include an email address within your comment--then I can say hi back!

Happy Quilting!


UP