I got 'er done, today. I'm very pleased with both the quilt top and back. The quilt top measures 55x60 inches. I used 18 different fabrics rather than the 16 called for in the pattern. My quilt turned out smaller instead of larger, because I decided on a sixth feather, and then added the left-over pieces to make it really long, for the back. Putting it on the diagonal, challenged my brain, but I'm a math nerd at heart.
Scout by Cluck Cluck Sew.
As I said, I normally don't buy patterns, I really like to figure things out for myself. I'm glad I got this one, and only have one critique. When joining the blocks together to make each side of the feathers, the pattern calls for the sections to be offset 3/8 of an inch. That didn't work for me; I adjusted to 5/8" for the off-set/over-lap, and it was perfect. If you use this pattern, be prepared to adjust!
May your bobbins always be full,